ONE: Hurricanes opener D’Arcy Short’s explosive record-breaking batting.
- Just recorded the highest ever BBL score of 122 Not Out.
- Scored the first century this BBL07 Season.
- Belted the most sixes this BBL Season with 20, plus another 35 fours.
- Highest run scorer this BBL Season with 406 from just six innings at a strike rate of 159.84 and an average of 81.20 per innings.
- His last four batting totals: 97 from 63 deliveries, 96 from 58 deliveries, 42 from 36 deliveries and now 122 from just 69 deliveries!
- And now he’s bowling effective spin with 1/20 from four overs against the Brisbane Heat.
TWO: Hurricanes import and new Tassie cult hero Jofra Archer’s express pace bowling.
- Our leading wicket taker with 9 wickets at 170 runs from six innings.
- An economy rate of just 7.08 per over with an 18.90 average and a strike rate of 16 with the best bowling figures of 3/15.
- Plus what about his lightning fast Caught & Bowled off Ben Cutting from the Brisbane Heat and his other two great outfield catches at the Gabba, following his ‘double act’ catch with D’Arcy Short over the boundary rope vs the Sydney Sixers!
THREE: Going for our five-in-a-row winning BBL record.
Can we do it??? We’ve won four straight clashes twice - in BBL01 and now in BBL07.
FOUR: It’s our very LAST Home Games for this BBL07 and WBBL03 Season here in Tasmania.
Our remaining three fixtures are all away in Adelaide, Perth and Melbourne so it's your final chance to see the boys LIVE in Hobart! ☹
FIVE: We are making a serious Top 4 BBL07 Ladder charge.
We currently sit in 5th spot just below the Brisbane Heat in 4th and can overtake them into Semi-Final contention this Monday night with a victory. C'mon the 'Canes!
SIX: It’s a Double Header meaning TWO Big Bash games for only ONE ticket price!
2:50pm: Women’s WBBL03 - Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Renegades
7:40pm: Men’s BBL07 - Hobart Hurricanes vs Brisbane Heat
SEVEN: This has evolved into a Brisbane Heat ‘grudge’ re-match.
After last night’s controversial result this showdown will definitely be 'Heat'ed. Could it be yet another Blundstone Arena last over / last ball heartstopper?
EIGHT: It’s the Hobart Hurricanes 'Thank You Round'.
With extra activities, prizes and giveaways to reward all our loyal members, fans, sponsors and corporates for supporting us throughout another rollercoaster Big Bash season. SPECIAL OFFER: 30% OFF Replica Shirts, Singlets & Polos purchased at the game from our venue outlets. NB: Offer NOT available online.
NINE: FREE STUFF! You can’t grab any FREE KFC Buckethead Hats, Hurricanes bandanas or stressballs, MyState thundersticks and pirate hats, or Tassal 4 & 6 boundary cards and team posters if you stay at home to watch on TV. Plus you can’t let the kids play on the giant inflatable MyState pirate ship, take a Tassal inflatable mattress classic catch, or test themselves on the target throws if you’re not here at Bellerive Oval.
TEN: Finally and quite simply - the Big Bash IS BETTER LIVE.
The sights, the sounds, the fireworks, the pirate cannon, the roar of the crowd and that match-day stadium electricity!