The team, which includes three overseas and two X-Factor players, was selected by the eight KFC BBL club coaches.
The KFC BBL|10 Team of the Tournament is:
- Josh Philippe (Sydney Sixers, wk, 8 votes)
- Alex Hales (Sydney Thunder, o/s, 8 votes)
- Ben McDermott (Hobart Hurricanes, 8 votes)
- Colin Munro (Perth Scorchers, o/s, 8 votes)
- Glenn Maxwell (Melbourne Stars, 5 votes)
- Dan Christian (Sydney Sixers, 6 votes)
- Rashid Khan (Adelaide Strikers, o/s, 6 votes)
- Jhye Richardson (Perth Scorchers, 8 votes)
- Mark Steketee (Brisbane Heat, 6 votes)
- Adam Zampa (Melbourne Stars, 6 votes)
- Wes Agar (Adelaide Strikers, 7 votes)
- Marcus Stoinis (Melbourne Stars, X-Factor, 4 votes)
- Daniel Sams (Sydney Thunder, X-Factor, 3 votes)
Fast bowler Richardson, like the top four, was also a unanimous selection and currently leads the race for the BKT Golden Arm cap with 27 wickets. He is joined by fellow quicks Agar and Steketee as well as leg-spinners Rashid Khan and Adam Zampa in a strong bowling attack.
Four all-rounders have also made the squad of 13, including two X-Factor players for the first time. Proven match-winners Maxwell and Christian have been rewarded for their significant influence on multiple results this season with positions in the playing XI, while Stoinis and Sams’ ability to make an instant impact off the bench earned them the 12th and 13th positions.
Commenting on the team, Trent Woodhill, League player acquisition and cricket consultant, said:
“This is a team that would be highly competitive in any T20 match anywhere in the world, filled with powerful ball strikers, high class bowlers and strong X-Factor impact players.
“The likes of Alex Hales, Colin Munro and Rashid Khan led the way for the international contingent throughout KFC BBL|10, while Jhye Richardson has been the standout fast bowler of the campaign so far.
“The quality of cricket throughout this campaign and the strength of this team is also emphasised by the calibre of those who have missed out, including the likes of Alex Carey, Chris Lynn and Peter Siddle who all had exceptional seasons.
“Congratulations to all players who have made KFC BBL|10 such a success and we look forward to seeing the majority of the Team of the Tournament take the field throughout the Finals series.”