In the third year since it was established, through support from the Australian Sports Foundation, the Hurricanes Foundation:
- Raised over $21,000 and helped raise over $6,000 for charities and community projects through donated memorabilia.
- Provided 13 schools with Hurricanes Breakfast Clubs through support from our Principal Partner, Tassal. Children were also able to take home a 'Hurricanes Smoothie' magnet, to remind them how to begin their day in a healthy and nutritious way.
- Provided an opportunity for aspiring young cricketers from Northern Tasmania, Sophie Parkin and Jake Williams, to join our WBBL & BBL squads during the season through the Northern Rookie Program.
- Supported the Hurricanes' Tassal Indigenous XI team, which played the 2018 Indigenous Tournament vs. the Sydney Thunder in Latrobe.
- Raised over $55,000 - through assistance from Tassal, which went directly to helping those communities affected by the devastating bushfires across Tasmania in January 2019.
- Sent 12 boxes of merchandise, clothing and cricket gear to an orphanage in India to be enjoyed not only by the children but the adults too.
- Supported St. John's Ambulance, who requested some merchandise to add to their shipping container they were sending to another orphanage in East Timor.
This year, we'll aim to make even more of a difference.
These school holidays, The Hobart Hurricanes invite you to first big fundraiser for the season ahead - our third annual Hurricanes Foundation Day at Bellerive Beach Park next to Blundstone Arena from 10am - 12:30pm on Sunday 14 July.
Meet and greet stars from our Hurricanes BBL & WBBL teams (confirmed player appearances coming soon!) for autographs and photos, alongside kids cricket activities.
There'll be a popcorn stall and Valhalla ice-cream, plus our famous throw target wall, egg and spoon and sack races and a raffle drawn at the end of day for some memorabilia from last summer.
We are also providing a BBQ on the day - thanks to our WBBL Principal Partner, MyState Bank, and there will be a Hurricanes Merchandise Stall offering huge pre-season bargains.
This event is FREE entry for all, with all proceeds going to the Foundation.
Can't make Foundation Day? You can still donate easily online by clicking here.
Donations made through the Hurricanes Foundation website are 100% tax-deductible through the Australian Sports Foundation.
Cricket Tasmania is a not-for-profit organisation and the Hurricanes Foundation strives only on your generosity.
See you there!