The excitement of the upcoming BBL|08 season gains additional momentum with tickets to watch #TasmaniasTeam on sale now!
The Hobart Hurricanes open the season with the Christmas Eve blockbuster against the Melbourne Stars with the season featuring a full home-and-away fixture for the first time in BBL history.
The expanded fixture sees the Hobart Hurricanes play five matches at Blundstone Arena and two at the University of Tasmania Stadium in Launceston with 6 of the 7 matches being played during school holidays.
In a huge plus for BBL lovers, ticket prices have been maintained or reduced and the Hurricanes have added further membership options following feedback from supporters.
Junior tickets for all games are a maximum of $15 and Junior General Admission tickets are $8.
A family of four, consisting of two adults and two children will get their access to matches from $50.
“BBL has always been about family fun entertainment and affordability, our priority this year was to provide the opportunity for all Tasmanian's to enjoy attending a Hurricanes match,” says Hobart Hurricanes General Manager, Phil Rigby.
“Our Hurricanes had a fantastic season last year making the Big Bash Final and with genuine global T20 superstars like D’Arcy Short and Jofra Archer and the arrival of hometown hero James Faulkner, I am sure all Tasmanian’s will be looking forward to the season with great anticipation."
"We are #TasmaniasTeam and we are proud to represent all Tasmanian's when we go into battle this summer."
"Hurricanes Membership remains the most affordable and beneficial way for people to attend games across both Hobart and Launceston and our players love the support the Purple Army provides, they really are the 12th man.”
A summary of the seasons ticketing highlights are as follows:
- No ticket prices have been raised
- General Admission prices remain at $8 for Juniors, $23 for Adults and only $50 for a Family.
- Junior tickets in all other seating categories have been reduced to $15 representing a great deal for families.
- General Admission seating has been expanded this summer to include the seats in front of the Cadbury Hill, as well as seating in the David Boon Stand around the sightscreen.
- Christmas Eve blockbuster – with more information coming soon!
- Membership remains the most affordable way to attend games and with priority access to seating in the Ricky Ponting Stand (Blundstone Arena) and the RACT Stand (UTAS Stadium).
- Greater Northern Fans this summer can also join the ranks of the Purple Army and join Tasmania’s Team with their very own 2 Game UTAS Stadium Membership, including guaranteed access to both fixtures in Launceston.