General Manager - Hobart Hurricanes: Marketing & Commercial
A rare opportunity to lead the off-field operations of a Big Bash team!
Cricket Tasmania is seeking an experienced and dynamic General Manager to lead our Marketing & Commercial team and grow the Hobart Hurricanes brand in Tasmania!
Reporting to the CEO, you will be a key part of Cricket Tasmania’s executive team and play a critical role in the delivery of Cricket Tasmania’s overall strategic objectives.
You will be responsible for leading the off-field strategy and vision for the Hobart Hurricanes, as well as overseeing the organization-wide marketing, commercial and brand management strategies for the Cricket Tasmania, Hobart Hurricanes and Blundstone Arena stadium brands.
• Driving the relationship between Cricket Australia and the Hobart Hurricanes across the W/BBL, marketing, communications and commercial streams.
• Working collaboratively with the General Manager - High Performance and General Manager - Events & Operations to drive the desired strategic and operational outcomes for the Hobart Hurricanes.
• Maximising the ‘match day experience’ for Hurricanes’ members and fans and growing key revenue streams such as attendance, membership, sponsorship and merchandise.
• Manage the sales and return on investment of all key partnerships at Cricket Tasmania including the achievement of specific revenue growth targets.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
• Extensive leadership experience in a general management role.
• Significant experience in marketing, sales and business development.
• The ability to manage and lead through conflicting strategic priorities.
• Strong commercial acumen, with experience in managing complex budgets.
• An innovative mindset with the ability to think big!
• Previous relevant experience in a sporting environment is preferred but not essential.
The Hobart Hurricanes is an exciting, family-friendly entertainment proposition that you have the opportunity to influence.
If you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, the General Manager - Hobart Hurricanes position may just be the perfect fit.
Apply today to create your legacy in the expansion of the Big Bash League in Tasmania and Australia!
To apply, please email your application in the form of a cover letter and resume to email@example.com quoting reference ‘General Manager – Hobart Hurricanes’ in the subject line.
Applications close 5pm Friday 21 December 2018.
Executive & Board Assistant - 10 Month Contract
Cricket Tasmania is looking for a proactive and solution-focused Executive and Board Assistant to join our team on a 10 month parental leave contract.
Reporting to the General Manager - Corporate Services, the Board and Executive Assistant position is a varied role that will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to gain exposure to the full scope of Cricket Tasmania’s operations.
Key role responsibilities include:
• Providing accurate and timely support to the CEO, Board, Executive Team and Corporate Services Team
• Compiling reports, Board papers, meeting minutes, and correspondence
• Co-ordinating meetings , travel bookings and managing the CEO’s calendar
• Playing an active role in driving staff engagement through the administration of the company intranet, staff meetings and social club
• Providing administrative support to HR operations including drafting contracts and managing the employee on-boarding and off-boarding processes
• Providing support to the broader Corporate Services Team with projects, programs & activities as required
• Coordinating with our event and function teams to deliver special events throughout the year, including during the W/BBL season
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Previous experience in a varied administrative role working in a busy environment
• Previous experience working directly with a CEO, Executive team and Board
• The ability to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality on sensitive matters
• A solution focused approach to solving problems
• Ability to prioritise, manage conflicting priorities and manage stakeholder expectations
• Strong attention to detail
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who loves working in a dynamic environment and wants to learn about the inner workings of a sporting organization!
The ideal candidate will be available to commence from 7 January 2019.
Completed applications, including a resume and brief covering letter outlining suitability for the role, can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Board and Executive Assistant in the subject line.
For further information please contact Zoe Rohrer, General Manager - Corporate Services at email@example.com.
Applications close Wednesday 28 November 2018.
Marketing & Community Manager
Cricket Tasmania is seeking an experienced marketing and brand specialist to be our Marketing and Community Manager.
In this role you will be the owner of all of Cricket Tasmania’s and Hobart Hurricanes brands and content as well delivering in-season marketing and community activities.
Reporting to the General Manager - Hobart Hurricanes you will be responsible for executing the #TasmaniasTeam strategy through our marketing, media and community activities.
Key to the role will be to create the vision and strategic direction of our brands and how these brands connect with fans and the community.
A critical service delivery role in the organisation, you will provide marketing services to various internal customers including, cricket, membership, sponsorship, ticketing, hospitality, community as well as the Blundstone Arena operations and Function Centre.
Collaboration will be key to your success as you engage with internal and external stakeholders to implement effective advertising and media strategies to drive sales, boost engagement and share the Cricket Tasmania / Hobart Hurricanes story.
Your role will be critical in retaining and attracting a diverse and passionate fan base, engaging the Tasmanian community and driving revenue outcomes. In particular, you will develop and implement strategies to appeal to the key markets of women and children.
• Create the strategy and framework to manage our brands, content and community engagement so we are authentically #TasmaniasTeam.
• Work collaboratively across the entire organisation and external stakeholders to develop strategies designed to tell our story, drive engagement and generate commercial outcomes for Cricket Tasmania, Hobart Hurricanes, Blundstone Arena and partners.
• Collate analysis and reporting to build knowledge, understanding and insight for development of future and ongoing strategies and campaigns.
• Work collaboratively to create engaging experiences for fans, members and the broader community.
• Work with the Media and Digital Manager and Fan & Community Coordinator to develop comprehensive strategies in line with the CT Strategic Plan across the year.
• Develop and manage guidelines and consistency across all brands and public facing communications.
• Work closely with Sponsorship and Membership Manager on communications strategies and brand consistency.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Strong preference for experience with consumer marketing in the sporting industry;
• Relevant degree and/or experience in marketing, media and/or digital media
• Experience in managing high profile brands or building a fanbase;
• Experience in managing and coordinating advertising campaigns and schedules on time, on strategy and on budget;
• Demonstrated understanding of marketing strategies, and background of marketing to the customer
• Strong project management skills, attention to detail;
• Experience in content creation across media and digital platforms;
• Advanced interpersonal and influencing skills;
• Ability to travel with the team/s and work outside normal office hours
This role provides you with the unique opportunity to be involved in marketing the Big Bash League (BBL) and Women’s BBL (WBBL) which are revolutionising the Australian sporting landscape!
Don’t miss out on your chance to be part of the story!
To apply, email your application in the form of a covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 'Marketing & Community Manager'.
Applications close Friday 16 November 2018.
At Cricket Tasmania, we embrace diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to providing a safe environment for children across Australian Cricket, and we also offer a flexible work environment for employees. We measure ourselves on our behaviours - 'How We Play'; our people value being real, smashing the boundaries, making every ball count and being stronger together.