2 Kids & 2 Adults
Salary: $90,000 + Super
Bring major events to life at Blundstone Arena!
Cricket Tasmania is seeking an experienced Event Manager to join our Venue Operations Department.
In this role you will oversee the delivery of all major events for Cricket Tasmania, Hobart Hurricanes and Blundstone Arena; including, but not limited to First-Class Cricket and AFL.
Reporting to the General Manager – Venue and Event Operations you will be responsible for collaborating with a range of stakeholders to develop an events strategy that supports Cricket Tasmania to achieve its broader strategic objectives. You will lead a small team to deliver on this strategy through your creativity and innovative event solutions.
• Create and drive a culture of continuous improvement across operations and event delivery, cost management, process design and compliance
• In consultation with the General Manager Venue & Event Operations, develop and execute an annual plan to provide leadership and direction to the Event and Operations team
• Establish and embed clear processes and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of all events
• Lead and develop a small team by providing regular coaching and feedback
• Oversee the venue and event accreditation program for events at Blundstone Arena
• Support the management of Work Health and Safety initiatives at Blundstone Arena and other key venues utilised by Cricket Tasmania
• Develop, monitor, report and reconcil the Match Operations and Events Budgets including travel, accommodation, equipment expenditure, event costs and match costs
Desired Skills and Experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in events management, ideally in a leadership capacity
• Significant experience in the delivery of major events (Experience in the delivery of W/BBL and/or first class cricket preferred)
• Extensive understanding of Cricket Operations
• Experience and knowledge in audio visual and event excitement techniques and delivery
• Demonstrated influencing and negotiation skills
• Proven ability to manage budgets in a dynamic environment
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Demonstrated creativity and innovation in similar roles
• Ability to make effective and timely decisions
• Ability to travel with the team/s and work outside normal office hours
This role provides you with the unique opportunity to be involved in the delivery of the Big Bash League (BBL) and Women’s BBL (WBBL) which are revolutionising the Australian Sporting landscape!
Don’t miss out on your chance to be part of the story!
To apply, email your application in the form of a covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference Event Manager.
Applications close 6 March 2019.
At Cricket Tasmania we embrace diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to providing a safe environment for children across Australian Cricket. We also believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re open to discussing your needs, just let us know. We measure ourselves on our behaviours – ‘How We Play’ – our people value being real, smashing the boundaries, making every ball count and being stronger together.