Media & Digital Manager (12-Month Contract)
Make your mark with the Hobart Hurricanes!
Cricket Tasmania is seeking an experienced Media & Digital Manager to creatively promote and market the Hobart Hurricanes and Tasmanian Cricket to build and connect our audience of Hurricanes members, fans and community through digital and mainstream media platforms.
Reporting to the Marketing, Media & Community Manager, you will be responsible for brainstorming, creating and delivering innovative and engaging digital communications across Cricket Tasmania and the Hobart Hurricanes.
Collaboration will be key to your success as you engage with internal and external stakeholders to implement effective media and digital marketing strategies to boost engagement and share the Cricket Tasmania story.
Your dynamic approach to content development will see you continually measure and report performance of campaigns to ensure achievement of organisational goals and increased awareness of the Hobart Hurricanes, Cricket Tasmania and Blundstone Arena through all digital platforms.
Cricket Tasmania provides an exciting entertainment proposition.
Your role will be critical in retaining and attracting a diverse and passionate fanbase, engaging the Tasmanian community and driving revenue outcomes.
In particular, you will develop and implement strategies to appeal to the key markets of women and children.
During the Big Bash season, you will also have the opportunity to leverage your people leadership skills as you are involved in the management of all aspects of media for the Hurricanes teams across all matches both in Tasmania and across the country.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Relevant degree and/or experience in media and/or digital media (preferably in the sporting industry).
• Strong experience in media management and extensive knowledge of the media industry.
• Strong experience in working with digital media platforms including the creation of video content.
• Previous experience in developing digital media strategies.
• Advanced content development experience, including proficiency in design programs.
• Experience in journalism and media relations including exemplary writing skills and experience writing media releases, web articles and other media stories.
• Advanced interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Ability to travel with the team/s and work outside normal office hours.
This role provides you with the unique opportunity to be involved in marketing the Men’s Big Bash League (BBL) and Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) which are revolutionising the Australian sporting landscape.
Don’t miss your chance to be part of the story...
Please email your application in the form of a brief cover letter outlining your suitability for the role plus your CV to: email@example.com quoting Media & Digital Manager in the subject line.
Applications close 5pm Thursday 7 June 2018.
Fan & Community Coordinator
Bring the Hobart Hurricanes to life throughout Tasmania...
Cricket Tasmania is seeking an energetic, organised and innovative person to be our Fan & Community Coordinator.
Working across the entire State, you will be in charge of executing the Hurricanes Fan & Community Engagement Strategy, while reporting to the Marketing, Media & Community Manager.
You will work closely with the Community Cricket team to implement fun plans to engage children and families through a variety of programs, and execute marketing tactics to drive strategic outcomes for Cricket Tasmania and the Hobart Hurricanes.
You will oversee all operational aspects of the Captain’s Chariot Program including booking staff, vehicles and all other requirements for engaging the entire State.
Additionally, you will be heavily involved in the planning and implementation of the Hurricanes School Holiday Camps, Community Blitz, Super Clinics, Indigenous Program, Champions League and Fan Day.
During the Big Bash season, you will be involved in the match-day fan experience, overseeing and executing both on-field and off-field elements and activations.
Your strong organisational skills will ensure the Hurricanes brand is prominent across the Tasmanian community and all activations will be on brand, polished and professional.
You will continually measure and report on the performance of events and activations to ensure achievement of organisational goals and increased awareness of the Hurricanes.
You will be constantly looking for additional opportunities to grow the brand, engage new fans and achieve revenue outcomes.
The successful candidate will thrive under pressure with an ability to think on their feet to adapt and execute multiple elements at once.
They will have strong personal skills, a strong work ethic and have the ability and desire to work on weekends and outside normal office hours.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge and experience in project management, event delivery, marketing and sport.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Current Tasmanian Working With Vulnerable People (WWVP) Card / Check.
- Ability to travel and work on weekends and outside normal work hours.
Desirable Skills & Attributes:
- Professional computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Well developed relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Exceptional planning, coordination, organisational and leadership skills.
- Previous experience working with children.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Administrative and financial management skills.
- Flexible time commitment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Resilience, initiative, integrity and energy.
- Understanding of cricket or other elite team sports.
This role provides you with the opportunity to be involved in marketing the Big Bash League (BBL) and Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) which are revolutionising the Australian sporting landscape.
Don’t miss your chance to be part of the story…
Please email your application in the form of a brief cover letter outlining your suitability for the role plus your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Fan & Community Coordinator in the subject line.
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 10 June 2018.