We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. This document sets out our policy on how we will manage your personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) from which it is possible to determine your identity. Examples of personal information include your name, postal address, telephone number and email address.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information about you directly from you, for example, when you provide information to us by phone, email, in an application form or through our web site at www.hobarthurricanes.com.au
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information in order to:
- verify your identity;
- market products, services, merchandise and special offers made available by us or our respective corporate partners, licensees, suppliers and sponsors;
- administer and manage our respective web sites and provide you with access to those web sites;
- keep you informed of news and information (such as advance notice of ticket sales) relating to cricket and other sports, including by distributing newsletters, publications and other communication via various mediums;
- research and develop new competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to cricket and other sports; and
- research and develop new products, services and merchandise relating to cricket and other sports.
If you do not wish to receive our newsletters, publications and other communications, please contact us (our contact details are set out below).
When do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- the Other Cricket Associations;
- organisations (other than the Other Cricket Associations) involved in cricket and sporting programs and initiatives in Australia;
- companies that we have engaged to carry out functions and activities on our behalf;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- the Australian Institute of Sport; and
- otherwise as required or authorised by law.
Our web site
When you visit our web site, our systems may record certain information about your use of our web site (such as which web pages you visit and the time and date of your visit). We use this information to help analyse and improve the performance of our web site.
In addition, we may use "cookies" on our web site. Cookies are small text files that help a web site to remember your preferences and improve your experience of using that web site. Using cookies is standard practice for most large web sites. In some cases, the cookies that we use may collect some personal information about you. We will treat this information in the same way as other personal information we collect about you. If you prefer, you may be able to disable cookies on your internet browser. However, if you do so, you will not be able to enjoy the enhanced user experience that our cookies offer.
Where our website is produced in conjunction with a third party ("TCA Partner"), personal information submitted to that website may be recorded by us and/or the TCA Partner. We impose privacy contractual obligations on the TCA Partners. We appreciate some people may not wish to submit information to us via email or the Internet. If you do not wish to submit personal information to us through our website or via email please forward the information to GPOBox495, Rosny Park TAS 7018.
Accuracy of your personal information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly.If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately (our contact details are set out below) and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
How can you access the personal information we hold about you?
Subject to some exceptions provided by law, you have the right to access your personal information. For security purposes, if you would like to access personal information that we hold about you, we require you to put your request in writing. If we do not allow you access to any part of the personal information we hold about you, we will tell you why. We will not charge you for lodging a request to access your personal information, but we may charge you for our reasonable costs in supplying you with access to this information.
How to contact us