Event Coordinator - Hobart Hurricanes (6 month contract)
The Hobart Hurricanes are looking for an enthusiastic person with experience in event management to join the team this summer. Representing Tasmania in the KFC Big Bash League (BBL) and Rebel Women's Big Bash League (WBBL), the Event Coordinator will work on all aspects of the Hobart Hurricanes match day and event offerings.
With record attendances, record TV audiences and ever-growing popularity amongst kids and families, this position offers a rewarding opportunity to work in Australia's fastest growing professional sports league.
Reporting to and working closely with the Fan, Community and Event Manager, you will:
- Oversee all aspects of the Hobart Hurricanes match day offering and other large scale Hobart Hurricanes and Cricket Tasmania events.
- Ensure all match day presentation activities and initiatives align with the Hobart Hurricanes strategy and brand
- Act as the key contact for event partners to deliver a sensational fan experience
- Be responsible for providing fun, safe and engaging family entertainment events
To be successful in the Event Coordinator role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in event management for large scale public events
- Qualifications in Event Management, Communications, Marketing or similar would be desirable
- Experience in creating and managing relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver outcomes as part of a team
- Strong ability to work under pressure and problem solve
- Strong ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work over the "Summer Holiday Period"
- Previous experience working on sporting events and a knowledge of cricket are desirable
To be part of the energy and excitement of the Big Bash League which is revolutionising Australian sport send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 28 July 2017.
For more information and to request a copy of the Position Description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.